Frequently Asked Questions
When is my child eligible for Kindy?
Can my child attend if he or she is not in this age group?
If the Kindergarten does not receive an enrolment of two full groups of pre-prep age children, we are able to consider accepting those children whose birthdays are in the next year. These children would then be enrolled for two years of Kindergarten. The eldest children on the ‘early entry’ waiting list would be enrolled first.
How does LORDS Little Wonders operate?
LORDS is a single unit, sessional Kindergarten and a Queensland Government ‘Approved Kindergarten Program Provider’. We operate 2 Kindy classes per week. Each class will have 22 children and will operate on a 5 day fortnight, comprising of one group attending Monday, Tuesday and alternate Wednesday and the other group attending alternate Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. School Holidays and Public Holidays are taken into account and the full dates of your child’s attendance will be provided at the beginning of the school year.
What hours does the Kindy operate?
Kindy hours are 8:30am to 2:45pm, Monday to Friday.
LORDS Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) is available to Kindergarten families. Please contact the OSHC Staff via email@example.com to discuss.
How is the Kindy governed?
The kindergarten is governed in partnership by a committee (which is a sub-committee of LORDS Council) and QLECS (Qld Lutheran Early Childhood Services). As the Central Governing Body, QLECS has the following commitments to us:
• To administer State government funding
• To report to Government that centres continue to deliver an approved program
• Support their associated services to provide a quality inclusive program
• Work with associated services to increase enrolments, manage waiting lists and the enrolment prioritization process
• Responsible for ensuring services cater for additional needs e.g. cultural
The process of decision making and overview of program planning, communication and evaluation of teaching and learning, along with staff development, is the responsibility of the Service Leader.
Who is teaching Kindy?
Kindy programs are taught by a qualified Early Childhood Teacher/Service Leader and an Educator (Teacher Assistant). The Service Leader and Early Childhood Teacher, Miss Sarah Matjac, has 17 years experience teaching in Kindy, Preschool and Prep and holds a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education qualification.
What does it cost to send my child to Kindy?
$11 waiting list fee—non-refundable (payable with completed waiting list application form)
$50 enrolment fee—non-refundable (payable on confirmation of enrolment)
$995per term (4 terms @ $995= $3980 for the year)
This Term Fee is Inclusive of:
Community Engagement Project Levy
Please note that fees are scheduled on a per term basis, NOT a per day basis. Full fees are payable even if your child is absent due to ill health or holidays.
*Fees can be paid weekly, fortnightly, monthly or per term.*
If you are Health Care Card holder and have presented a copy of your card to staff at the Kindergarten, you are entitled to a generous rebate on fees. You will be invoiced for the amount minus the rebate for each term.
Please note: We are a Sessional Kindergarten and therefore families are not eligible for the Child Care Subsidy.
What do I do next to enrol my child in the Kindergarten program at LORDS?
1. Return a waiting list form with your contact details and the $11 waiting list fee
2. Your child’s details will be added to the Kindy waiting list for the year they will be attending Kindy
3. The Service Leader of the Kindy will contact you via e-mail, in Term 2 the year before your child is due to begin their Kindergarten year and invite you to enrol your child. This will involve completing and returning ‘Acceptance of Kindergarten Place Offer’ form along with the non-refundable $50 Booking Fee.
4. Parents will be emailed the Enrollment Pack to complete and return at the Parent Information Evening.
5. Parents will be invited to attend a Parent Information Evening in Term 4 to meet staff and other parents and find out more about our Kindergarten program.