The Opti-MINDS Challenge is an opportunity for all those with a passion for learning & problem solving to showcase their skills & talents in an exciting, vibrant & public way.
Opti-MINDS provides for the demand for sophisticated, educational & motivational opportunities. The rapidly increasing & widespread involvement of thousands of participants throughout Queensland & internationally demonstrates that Opti-MINDS is not only a valuable & worthwhile investment in the education of our citizens but is also an integral part of our collective future.
Over 250 Gold Coast teams entered the Opti-MIND's 2021 challenge, with only 14 awards (over 4 category choices) given. Our LORDS students received 5 of these awards. Our students worked incredibly hard to compete in Opti-MINDS and their dedication has earned them these awards.
- To foster creative responsiveness – a “CAN DO” culture
- To provide challenge, enrichment & stimulation
- To facilitate the ability to adapt to & harness change to advantage
- To foster flexibility, innovative thinking & functioning
- To promote complex thinking & creative problem solving skills
- To encourage reflective thinking & self-directed learning
- To facilitate empowerment & responsibility
- To promote an understanding & appreciation of self & others
- To develop effective communication & collaborative thinking skills
- To celebrate difference
- To foster cooperation & teamwork
- To promote enterprise & initiative
- To stimulate a spirit of exploration, investigation, experimentation & a love of learning
- To provide a collaborative link between all sectors of education, community & industry
- To promote UNASHAMED EXCELLENCE!®
WHO CAN BE INVOLVED?…
Students interested in creativity, collaboration, innovation & FUN! Teams of 4 to 7 members may be entered according to details:
DIVISION I – P-6
DIVISION II – P-9
DIVISION III – P-12
At LORDS your child can be included in our Opti-MINDS teams and experience the fun and challenge of problem solving whilst acquiring lifelong skills.