Welcome to Junior School
Prep @ LORDS
Our Prep program includes:
- Building upon the cultural and social experiences from home, kindergarten and the community
- Growing a foundational understanding of literacy and numeracy and other essential skills which are further developed throughout the Junior School
- A stimulating learning environment which helps to develop a love of learning.
Prep Program especially focusses on:
- Experiential learning experiences- learning through play, curiosity and exploration
- Language and communication
- Social and personal competence
- A ‘hands on’ approach to Mathematics where your child is encouraged to ask questions and solve problems
- Health and physical learning including ongoing development of gross and fine motor skills
- Learning that is negotiated and develops and enhances your child’s creativity and thinking skills
Years 1 to 6
Foundational learning continues throughout the Junior School years. Students are nurtured in a supportive environment while they are encouraged to grow as independent learners and community contributors.
Features of LORDS education during these years include:
- Flexible learning environments that support collaboration and creativity and allow for different learning styles.
- Development of Essential Skills- collaboration, problem solving, creative and critical thinking, ICT skills, communication, personal and social skills
- Integrating key learning areas and connecting learning to the real world. Being problem finders and problem solvers through Project Based Learning
- Developing a lifelong love of learning through engaging, hands on, experiential learning activities
- Specialist lessons in Japanese, Music and Sport
- Further build on their literacy and numeracy skills across all the curriculum
- Wide range of subjects including English, Mathematics, Science, Christian Studies, Technology, Humanities and Art as well as Japanese, Music and PE
- Social and Emotional Skills Program for all students
- Inter school sports program for Years 4 to 6
- Skills based sports program for Prep to Year 2
- Just For Fun lunch time clubs (drawing, skipping, anime, gardening etc)
- Home Fun Club
- Airconditioned comfort for all classrooms
You're invited to book a tour of the Junior School by filling out the form below.